New MacBook Pro Battery - Only "Normal" Condition?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by simpleCoder, Jul 11, 2010.

1. simpleCoder macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I've had my new (and first!) 13.3" MBP for a few days. I performed a battery calibration (followed Apple's official document) and the battery now seems a bit weaker (but it could be that now its simply reporting more accurate times).

Anyways, in System Profiler / Power, my battery's condition is "Normal." I've only had the laptop for literally 2 or 3 days- haha, what are the words "Good" or "Great" or "Excellent" reserved for if not this?

Using Photoshop CS3, Textmate, and Safari I get about 5-6 hours. I haven't tested with other usages...

Here are my System Profiler Battery stats... this is my first ever laptop ever so I don't know anything from first hand experience... does everything look ok?

Model Information:
    Manufacturer: DP
    Pack Lot Code: 0000
    PCB Lot Code: 0000
    Firmware Version: 0201
    Hardware Revision: 0002
    Cell Revision: 0164
    Charge Information:
    Charge remaining (mAh): 5703
    Fully charged: Yes
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 5703
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 2
    Condition: Normal
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): 264
    Voltage (mV): 12580

Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

normal |ˈnôrməl|
    adjective
    1 conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected : it's quite normal for puppies to bolt their food | normal working hours.
    • (of a person) free from physical or mental disorders.
    2 technical (of a line, ray, or other linear feature) intersecting a given line or surface at right angles.
    3 Medicine (of a salt solution) containing the same salt concentration as the blood.
    • dated Chemistry (of a solution) containing one gram-equivalent of solute per liter.
    4 Geology denoting a fault or faulting in which a relative downward movement occurred in the strata situated on the upper side of the fault plane.

One could also say, the battery's condition adheres to the norms set by Apple, thus it appears to be normal.

Apple on notebook batteries
    Apple Portable: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance
    Laptop Battery Guide

3. simpleCoder thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL, true. Yes, there is nothing wrong with "normal" in the broader sense of our language. Still, I was curious if "normal" is the most positive word the System Profiler gives out? If not, then I'm not satisfied with just an "average" battery, when just by the luck of the draw I could have had a "Good" or "Great" one :).

4. srexy macrumors 6502a

Download coconutbattery.app for a more understandable eval of your battery.

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas