New MacBook pro bootcamp trouble

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gngan, Jan 10, 2011.

1. gngan, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011

gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm helping my sister to install xp via bootcamp. Everything works except the right click(2 fingers) and keyboard light. I remember when I installed Xp on my MacBook; there was bootcamp assistant or setting in xp but I dun see it in the MacBook pro. As for the keyboard light, I tried to turn off the room light but it's still not working.

I have been searching online for the whole day. Please help.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You need to insert the mac os x disc into the computer to install all the drivers once windows is installed, buddy. Did you not read the instructions?

3. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I did insert the disk for the drivers.

4. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Multitouch trackpad and backlit keyboard do not work under bootcamp.

You should try CTRL-click for right-click. I believe this is how it is done.

Good luck.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

They do work (with the exception of the gestures) and the backlight works too but not as good as it does in OS X. Which model MacBook Pro are we looking at?

EDIT: Look in Control Panel and click on the Boot Camp control panel. From there, there should be multiple tabs. go through each one until you find something to do with the keyboard and make changes.

6. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

[Problem Solved] Just in case if anyone search and need help on this subject.

I ended up putting the disk in and run repair rather than let it auto install all the drivers. I think you will need to right click the disk and look inside. There's a folder call "bootcamp" and then click Run. Choose repair.