New Macbook Pro Buying Decision

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 240KAR, Feb 23, 2010.

  1. 240KAR macrumors newbie

    Feb 16, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I have been waiting for arendale (or however you spell it) and I just can't seem to make myself wait any longer so my question is should I get the current 15" 3.06Ghz or wait..

    And another question what would be the difference in the 3.06 and the 2.8Ghz?

    Just really tired of waiting but I don't want my new mbp to be "old" in a week or so when the new ones come out... I dunno.. maybe I'm chasing Technology here but I would really like an i5 or i7 chip... :confused::( Help!! any suggestions?:eek:

    :apple::apple: Thanks
  2. itommyboy macrumors 6502a


    Feb 26, 2009
    Titletown USA
    If you need it today to earn money tomorrow then go out and buy the top of the line current model you can afford (check refurb store for best deals). If you don't need it today to earn money tomorrow, and you want the latest and greatest for the price of the currently offered older tech (who doesn't) I'd suggest holding on awhile longer, it truly will not be to much longer now.

    On a final note the difference between the 3.06Ghz C2D vs any of the i series chips 5 or 7 will be and is quite a noticeable upgrade. Of course what you do with your computer and the programs that do or do not take advantage of all that beef is within the eye of the beholder. If you are simply an iPhoto, Email, iTunes and web kind of guy any of the current C2D MBP will more than suffice.
  3. jus10p macrumors newbie

    Feb 4, 2010
    I just picked up the 2.8Ghz 17" and its pretty awesome. I wouldn't bother with upgrading to the 3Ghz, the small increase in performance is not worth the cost. For real world use there is almost no difference between the two.
  4. ibizarocks macrumors regular

    Oct 2, 2007
    You've answered your own question!! Just wait seriously it isn't that long. You'll only hate yourself if they come out in a months time. In all honesty if you needed a new Mbp you'd have bought one by now so I reckon you'll be able to wait. Mass use of ssd is only around the corner. Are you going to hold out for these when battery life would probably be creeping on to 10 hours??? There's always something round the corner. The only piece of advice anyone can ever give is to wait until an update and then buy because you'll have a longer time span of having the latest and greatest and in theory it should last longer!

    If you can't wait I always tell people to never by the top end 15" as bang for buck t is quite poor against the other models.
  5. dagamer34 macrumors 65816


    May 1, 2007
    Houston, TX
    It's never the performance features that make waiting for a Mac update worthwhile. It's the non-performance hardware stuff that's worth the wait (like the better screen, unibody design, longer battery, multi-touch trackpad, etc..)

    Performance advantages will fade away in a year or two, but other stuff like i mentioned before is there to last the long haul.
  6. transittime macrumors newbie

    Feb 15, 2010
    If you've got another laptop lying around, then wait. However, you just said that you could wait no longer. Thus, BUY NOW! If it's a necessity then you have no other choice, right?

    Also, please do not listen to these people who are saying "it's not that long" of a wait. That's been said since January. It IS a long time.
  7. itsparks macrumors newbie

    Dec 30, 2009
    no, since december LOL !
  8. plasticphyte macrumors 6502

    Nov 9, 2009
    I wouldn't buy the Arrendale. Wait until the next awesome tech after that. Then wait for the one after that again.

    Honestly, just do whatever you want. Buy or do not buy, there is no buy!

    Get whatever makes you happy.

Share This Page