New MacBook Pro case bottom seems flimsy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vision4, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Vision4 macrumors newbie

I purchased my first macbook pro (15") a week ago and unfortunately the headphone jack couldn't hold in my headphones. I took it back to the store and they promptly replaced it with a new laptop, switching out the hard drive for me.

This new laptop (I got it two days ago) doesn't feel as solid as the previous one on the bottom of the case. I can press the area above the logic board pretty far down, but the other side is rock solid. Is this ok/normal, or should I try to get it fixed or another replacement? I just don't want to take it in and be blown off.

Otherwise I'm really pleased with my MBP; I just wish the bottom case felt a bit more solid. Thoughts?

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Above the logic board? The logic board takes up a large area inside, so could you be more specific?

3. Vision4 thread starter macrumors newbie

The center and right side of the bottom cover if it's lying on your lap with the engraved stuff at the top.

4. thesmoth macrumors 6502

If you ever remove the bottom case to look at the hard drive or ram, you'll see that it is incredibly thin. It is basically like thick tin foil (seriously).

5. Vision4 thread starter macrumors newbie

so I shouldn't be worried then?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this and if not perhaps I should take it in for them to look at.

6. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

The bottom plate isn't so thin and flimsy that it should bend and flex when pressed. I personally would take it in.