new macbook pro case doesn't mate up quite right

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cansofspam, Jun 24, 2009.

1. cansofspam macrumors newbie

I did some cursory searches and didn't see anyone talking about it. So either I'm more anal than I think or this isn't normal.
    I just unwrapped my new mid-2009 13 inch macbook pro unibody. And I've noticed that near the kensington lock hole, the bottom case doesn't quite mate up as nicely as the rest of the case. Given apple's talk about how detailed and perfect that their new manufacturing process is, I am just surprised to see such a fit and finish lapse.
    If this doesn't sound normal I'll try to see if I can't get some pics to show what I'm talking about. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to learn to love it... or start filing :)

2. cansofspam thread starter macrumors newbie

3. cansofspam thread starter macrumors newbie

you can probably better understand what I'm talking about in the pic. You can see how it starts with a wider step on the left and tapers to a smaller one.

Attached Files:

4. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

I got a 13" model with that exact issue. I called AppleCare, and they made a Genius Bar appointment for the same day. The Genius looked at it, checking to see if I had dropped it or anything. Since I hadn't, he processed it as a Dead-on-arrival return, and gave me another MacBook Pro.

It was my second MBP in as many hours. :p

5. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

No Apple products are perfect anymore. Their QC went downhill as fast as their MP3 marketshare went uphill.

When I close my MBP's lid the left side isn't as tight to the body as the right. These things just happen.