New Macbook Pro cases/covers and keyboard cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigmat1201, Oct 17, 2008.

1. bigmat1201 macrumors member

Has anyone found cases/covers for the new MBP? I'm not sure what you call it (a case or a cover) but I'm looking for something like this. Thanks

Also I would like to get a keyboard cover? would any of the keyboard covers for the older MB's work, or maybe a MBA keyboard cover?

2. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

little premature dontcha ya think?

3. bigmat1201 thread starter macrumors member

I had a cover on my old MB, so I was used to being able to set it on any thing, and just wipe off the cover, now I have to be careful and not forget that it don't have a cover and I could screw up the MBP if i set on a spilled drink. I know I'm going to forget one time and thats all it takes :(

4. rikaro macrumors newbie

5. bigmat1201 thread starter macrumors member

I've read on different case sites that there in the process of designing one:)

But no word as to when they will be for sale :(

6. Herrow macrumors regular

This may be of interest...I have the MB model and its wonderful.

New MacBook Pro ShaggyMac

The overall MBP dimensions are pretty close to the previous gen, but the really tight cases will probably need a dedicated size.

7. bigmat1201 thread starter macrumors member

I need more of a keyboard cover, so I don't spill a drink on it or get grease from my fingers on the the keys, but thanks for the link, thats the first 3rd party item i've seen for sell that says its for the new unibody MBP.

8. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

Radtech also has their Unibody ScreenSaverz up for sale, I ordered one last week.

I had one in my PowerBook when closed at all times.

9. rikaro macrumors newbie

This is sad. It's been a month since the release of the NMBP and they still haven't made a nice keyboard protector for it :p

10. flamejob macrumors member

flamejob

Oooh man! Those things are like car bras. Nasty!

The MBP was designed to be a bit hardy so just get it out there in the world, show it the world. My boss has a 2 year old MBP that has seen many a building site and still looks pretty great.

11. Ropie macrumors regular

Ropie

Couldn't agree more. What's the point of buying a great looking machine and clothing it in fabric? These covers are a bit pointless unless it is already damaged because you don't even see the aluminium surface you are trying to keep looking good :confused:

12. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

I don't know about you, but I usually take my MBP out of it's sleeve when I work on it. So I get to see al lot of the good looking thing.

I use a sleeve so it doesn't scratch when it's in my bag, when I'm on the go...

I don't understand why people are always trying to educate people in not using sleeves etc. for their iPhones or MBP's. I can only recommend it to anyone. It enabled me to sell my one year old MBP for the same price as a new discounted MPB early 2008 model..