New MacBook pro, couple questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bischoff, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Bischoff macrumors newbie

Ok so i just got my brand new macbook pro 2.7ghz i7, and i'm going try really hard to keep it organized, clean, and running strong. While i was going through the finder I went to all images, theirs 697 random photos, like i'm talking cows, to humans, to money bags?? would it be bad if i went and trashed them all? OH and now i went to all documents and theirs a whole ***** load of random sound files.

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Not sure what those could be (definitely no cows or humans as system wallpapers). When you select an image, it will show the path at the bottom of the window; are they all in one particular folder?

3. Bischoff thread starter macrumors newbie

ohhh i see, it must have all came with my Microsoft office.. hmm.. and all those sounds came with quicktime player. Are they really necessary?

4. simsaladimbamba

Know, that ALL IMAGES, ALL DOCUMENTS and everything else under SEARCH FOR in the Finder's Sidebar are SEARCH RESULTS. If you use that to delete all files it will find with that search preset, you might damage something.
    Better go to the appropriate folder and delete from there.
    To learn more about Mac OS X:

5. Bischoff thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thank you for the link. il just leave them for now then.

Another question, I bought my mac new straight from the website, is their any warranty on it?

6. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Yes.

7. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

However applecare would be a good investment.