New MacBook Pro delivery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattmartincouk, Oct 28, 2008.

1. mattmartincouk macrumors newbie

Just received my new MBP.

Ordered a 2.8Ghz with 250GB 7200 drive. Was ordered 21st Oct, was due 4/5th Nov but seems it was built much quicker. :D

All road tested and migrated from my old 2.6Ghz MBP and I love it more than when I saw them in the store and I think I must be lucky. I dont see to have any defects that other users are pointing out.

Either way, don't not buy one after reading some of the horror stories out there. They really are nice machines! :apple:

Time to sell my trusty 2.6Ghz (although, its only 10 months old) - poor thing.

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Congratulations. How is the speed of that thing compared to your 'old' MBP?

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations and may you and your splendid new MBP live long and prosper together. Enjoy it.Cheers

4. mattmartincouk thread starter macrumors newbie

Slight increase. I have to use Parallels :/ quite alot and that seems far nippier but will test over the next few hours with the Adobe suite to see how they go.

All in all.. I'm very impressed at the speed of the delivery. I was starting to regret the purchase with all the threads about issues people were having.

The wonky screen was the main one (as after an Apple Care repair at my local store on my old MBP, the top shell is no longer flush with the bottom as it was when I purchased it - I've complained and they've said this is the norm - hey ho).

:)