New Macbook Pro drive heads parking noise?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by suckatcomputers, Feb 28, 2011.

1. suckatcomputers macrumors regular

I asked on another post what this relatively LOUD noise is when I pick up my low-end 2011 13" Macbook Pro, slightly bump the right side, and when it leans over on my lap.

I've been told that it's most likely my drive heads parking? Can somebody explain this to me? Not sure what that means.

This is not causing me any problems, but I am concerned because my 2010 Macbook Pro NEVER did this, which I was much LESS careful about making sudden jerks or movements than my brand new 2011. I am a bit concerned about the sensitivity.

Anybody else hear this? Happening in 15 and 17" too?

By the way, I'm on my 2nd 2011 MBP and the 1st one did this too.

2. aauussttiinn macrumors newbie

Same boat here while I'm always on a flat surface when using my low end 13in but I had the 2010 model for 20 days and it was completely silent as now this 2011 model is a tad bit louder. I'm thinking it's due to the faster processor cause I only hear it when it's loading things (web pages programs etc) it almost sounds like a computing clicking noise but I would love to hear from other Low end 13in users with a 2011 model. I'm thinking people whom had the 2010 model and moved to the 2011 model are freaking out cause it a lil more noise on a side note is it normal for the fan to run @ 2000 rpm? at all times even while not doing anything but sitting on the desktop

3. suckatcomputers thread starter macrumors regular

For me, it happens all the time, whether loading or not. It's happening more and more now. Anybody else?