New MacBook Pro Hardrive Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sherelle, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Sherelle macrumors newbie

I bought a new Macbook Pro today OS Sierra mid 2015 model as an ex display from a reputable shop.

However the shops passwords were on there, I contacted them and they said just reboot the mac.

So i followed the steps online and I accidentally deleted my hard rive and then it reinstalled an old version of MAC OS X El Captain
    but then it was locked so I followed your steps on here to unlock it and then it took me through all the steps to install this older version Mac OS X but then when i went to finish the installation it says sorry it can be installed as a new version it already on the system.

However on disk utilities it just says OX Base system on the hard drive settings. Please help I would so appreciate it.
    Thanks

Sherelle

2. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

3. Sherelle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you I have done all this but i have done it incorrectly on erasing my hard drive part :(

4. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

5. Sherelle thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried that too.. I hope I haven't ruined the hard drive?

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Didn't this start when you purchased your MBPro from a shop who should have known better than to sell you a Mac that wasn't ready to sell (and had all THEIR stuff set up).
    I think this should be on that shop. Give them an opportunity to fix it for you!