New Macbook Pro has 2-3 dead/stuck pixels

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jbrady3324, Dec 4, 2009.

1. jbrady3324 macrumors regular

My brand new (bought from Amazon) has 2-3 stuck/dead pixels. 2 of them are right in the middle of screen and it obvious. If I take this to the Apple Store will they replace the laptop or do I have to go through Amazon??

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Either one will do it. Apple might replace it in the store whereas if you ask, Amazon might give you a tad bit of credit. Both of these are speculation however...

3. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

I rather exchange at the Apple store to avoid the long delay of having a new laptop shipped out but my feeling is the Apple Store won't honor my request since I bought it from Amazon.

4. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Apple Store exchanged my DOA MacBook that was bought at Microcenter.

5. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

that really sucks :(

I think you have to go through where you bought it but I would try an apple store first. you may get lucky. One thing is for sure I wouldnt keep it if I were you. Every time you look at the screen its just going to piss you off.

6. Exegesis48 macrumors regular

Personally I would go to the Apple Store, as I have found it's easier to deal with these sort of things in person. Dealing with someone over the phone makes it easy for people to dismiss your concerns, whereas people generally feel more obligated to make you happy when they are dealing with you in person.