New Macbook pro help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Marti23, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Marti23 macrumors member

Hey i got a macbook pro today and i asked for glossy. I think i might of got the matte by mistake. Is there any specs i can look at on my comp to check because im in a well lit room and barely see reflections and glare. I just want to be sure before i go into the store tomorrow.

2. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Look on the specification web page on Apple's support site to see if there is a difference in model numbers (there most likely is.)

If it was glossy you would know it - it's practically mirror-like.

MacDann

3. Marti23 thread starter macrumors member

im preety sure its matte, but was wondering if i can double check with anything on the box or the about my mac specs. Would it say glossy anywhere so i can check? And would they exchange it tomorrow if i go back to the apple store?

4. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

It should say on the box or even on the receipt your laptop should be described as MacbookPro 15GL/2.4/2x1GB/200-5400, the GL means its glossy.

Try using the laptop with a light behind you. If there is extreme amount of glare then you probably have the glossy screen. haha. I dont' know if that method is very good.

-JoE

5. LVdustin macrumors regular

the LED Matte displays have a shiny look to them, you probably have a matte. Compared to a LCD backlit display and a LED, there is a big difference regarding technical stuff, and one of them is the outer appearance, Glossy, would looks really shiny, chances are you have matte