New Macbook pro help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Marti23, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Marti23 macrumors member

Jan 29, 2008
    Hey i got a macbook pro today and i asked for glossy. I think i might of got the matte by mistake. Is there any specs i can look at on my comp to check because im in a well lit room and barely see reflections and glare. I just want to be sure before i go into the store tomorrow.
  2. MacDann macrumors 6502a

Mar 27, 2007
    Can see the end of the Earth from here
    Look on the specification web page on Apple's support site to see if there is a difference in model numbers (there most likely is.)

If it was glossy you would know it - it's practically mirror-like.

3. Marti23 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 29, 2008
    im preety sure its matte, but was wondering if i can double check with anything on the box or the about my mac specs. Would it say glossy anywhere so i can check? And would they exchange it tomorrow if i go back to the apple store?
  4. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2006
    It should say on the box or even on the receipt your laptop should be described as MacbookPro 15GL/2.4/2x1GB/200-5400, the GL means its glossy.

Try using the laptop with a light behind you. If there is extreme amount of glare then you probably have the glossy screen. haha. I dont' know if that method is very good.

5. LVdustin macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    the LED Matte displays have a shiny look to them, you probably have a matte. Compared to a LCD backlit display and a LED, there is a big difference regarding technical stuff, and one of them is the outer appearance, Glossy, would looks really shiny, chances are you have matte