New Macbook Pro in Crumpler Royale sleeve?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by larzy, Nov 16, 2008.

1. larzy macrumors regular

larzy

Hi,

I've fallen in love with the Crumpler royale leather sleeve for the Macbook and Macbook Pro - unfortunately, these are made for the old models.

[​IMG]

The dimensions for the pro are listed as,
    Internal: 35,7 x 24,3 x 2,5 cm; Fits 15’’w Mac Book Pro

and the specs listed on Apple's webpage for the new model is,
    36,4 x 24,9 x 2,41 cm - do you think it will fit? Usually the normal sleeves have a little extra space - and this is leather, so maybe it will stretch over time?

Anyone own one of these sleeves?

http://www.crumpler.dk/?product=NEW_The_le_Royale_15\'\'_wide&page=details&product_line=692

2. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Wow, I want this one! It goes with my "Ugly Divorce" laptop bag.

I just returned a 15w Crumpler Gimp sleeve because my new MBP barely fit, I had to stretch and pull to get around the last two corners. Unfortunately I doubt its big enough. Hopefully Crumpler will make a bigger size for Unibody MBPs soon!

3. echo3uk macrumors newbie

I'm having similar issue

I've fallen for the leather sleeve by Noreve (a french company), it fits the old macbook pro like a glove, so won't fit the new one.

[​IMG]

I'm hoping they bring out a product that fits the new machine soon.

What is an "ugly divorce" latptop bag? Is my new macbook pro an "ugly divorce" laptop? I would have bought a cheaper Dell Studio 15" if I was still married, but everything seems so cheap now compared to my divorce I keep thinking "what the hell, its only money!" ;O)

4. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

^ looks very nice! I'll see if I can find one in Amsterdam to have a look.

Just about all Crumpler products have wild names. Ugly Divorce is one of them, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

5. Althandir macrumors newbie

So, has confirmation been reached as to whether the sleeves designed for the old machines will work? The new models are slightly longer, but they're also thinner so maybe these differences will cancel each other out. I've seen a very nice Crumpler sleeve that I really must get!