New Macbook Pro is Perfect

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RedBarchetta, Aug 14, 2007.

1. RedBarchetta macrumors member

to put to rest anyone with doubts about getting a Macbook Pro. I ordered july 26 and delivered yesterday (specs in my sig). first thing i did was a clean install, then I installed the iLife '08 disc that came with it and bought the new iWork '08. This thing is perfect, nothing wrong with the keyboard, monitor, or heat. Absolutely nothing. Thank you guys for answering all my questions and helping me pick out this perfect beast.

2. kolax macrumors G3

Glad you're happy!

Doesn't seem to be enough happy MacBook Pro users on the forum :p

3. RedBarchetta thread starter macrumors member

thats what i mean haha, and it overwhelmed my expectations. much more impressive than i thought it would be.

4. lostingamma macrumors member

this is good news, i purchased mine on the 1st of August (Student ADC) with 2-day shipping. It shipped early this morning, I hope I will get it before the end of the week.

Im glad for reviews like this, I hope mine doesn't have any problems, this will be my first Mac (besides my dads g4 cube it took from him lol).

Ill post my results in this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4030312#post4030312

5. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Hey congrats. I know how you feel. :D

On a side note, does your name have anything to do with the upcoming 1.5 version of Joomla?

6. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

7. Smoothie macrumors 6502

I'm happy for you, but I don't think your getting a good MBP puts everyone else's doubts to rest! I recently went two for two with problems, so I wasn't as lucky. I have no idea what the odds are of getting a "perfect" MBP, but it sure is something less than 100 percent. :)

8. Dizzee macrumors member

i purchased my MBP on June 29th, got it July 13th, and it is perfect. the only thing that it wrong is when shut the left side is like 1 mm higher. but it doesnt bother me at all.

9. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

10. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

What do you think about your glossy screen, did you try it in several locations (indoor, outdoor, in the dark,etc...)

11. RedBarchetta thread starter macrumors member

my name is actually taken from my favourite song by a Canadian band called Rush.

As for the glossy I have had absolutely no problems anywhere I have been including areas with a lot of light and areas with very little light. I am very happy with my choice to get the glossy screen.

12. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

lol...being Canadian, I shoulda guessed that. :eek:

13. RabidBear macrumors member

RabidBear

They're my favorite band also. I've been a fan since the 2112 album. I just saw them again in concert for their Snakes And Arrows tour. Excellent show, I highly recommend seeing them if you get a chance.

14. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I had a bad one with yellow tint Glossy, went to the Apple store today and got a perfect Matte one.....the first was a samsung, the second a LG.....

15. dubs macrumors member

Glad to hear of some other perfect mbp's besides mine, which is freaking sweet. I am very glad I switched.

16. JasonMac macrumors regular

JasonMac

17. ccolaco macrumors 6502

Thats good your happy! I cant wait for mine. I am upgrading my first gen Macbook to the base MBP!

18. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Congrats! Early niggles reported by some aside, it's an awesome and well-spec'd machine, the strongest in the Apple computer line-up IMHO.