New MacBook Pro issues!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pjq1215, Oct 27, 2008.

1. pjq1215 macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone...

I recently purchased the new MBP 15" and I have only had it for about 11 days. Recently I started to have a problem w/ iTunes as I am watching something it would freeze up the whole computer and the only way for me to do anything is t reboot it. So then I call Apple care and as I got on the phone w/ a tech he had me uninstall and reinstall (as if I didn't try this already) but the same problems continue to happen, and this is not just with movies this is w/ tv hows as well. At first I thought it was because I was using an external Hard drive but then I transfered some files over to the main hard drive and boom the same thing happened... I called up the Apple store just a few minutes ago and they would like to take a look at it I just decided to post this to see if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks for listening...

2. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Why don't you wait to see what happens when the Apple guys take a look at it, and then post the results of their assessment?

3. Jatku macrumors member

I had a similar problem, but not where I had to reinstall/reboot. The freezing went away after I rebooted a few times. Maybe it just needed time to "work things out," but since mine wasn't as bad, we could have just had 2 different causes.