New MacBook Pro Keyboard (UK)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cousin Dirk, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

So, I was in an Apple Store at the weekend checking out the new MacBook Pros that were released last week, and I noticed that they've changed the keyboard layout.

for a start, they've removed the numberpad under the letters on the right side, and they've changed the ever useful Enter key next to the right Command button to a much less useful 'Alt' key.

And I was wondering, since I'm looking to buy a new MacBook Pro in the next couple of months, is it possible to get a build to order option to put the 'old' keyboard back? There's something just... unnatural about the new one.

And, since keyboard layouts vary by location, I'm talking about the UK layout.

Thanks!

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Probably the best thing you could do is look on apples site and see if a change
    of keyboard layout is listed in the customize bit when you place your order

3. Cousin Dirk thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is, but on closer inspection it appears to be another English option keyboard but with a French OS.

Damn. The buttons just seemed, at first touch, to be pretty irritatingly placed.

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Looks like you may have to learn something new then,im the same just hav'nt
    decided on which new MBP suits my needs better, might just have to like it
    or lump it

5. Cousin Dirk thread starter macrumors 6502a

The annoying thing is that even on Apple's UK site, the images of the MacBook Pro are of the American machine with the US keyboard layout... not only that, but on those images, it still has the numbers 'under' the letters and the enter key where it 'should' be.

I may have to have a chat with the people at the store, when I actually have the cash to spend on it.