NEW Macbook Pro kind of buggy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by krunal05, Jul 24, 2011.

1. krunal05 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Im new to mac but I just bought a 2.7 i7 13 inch Macbook Pro (I figure with the faster processor it would at least be able to handle regular daily use) and it seems a little glitchy. For example when I watch a youtube video it takes a second before the video actually catches up to the sound or when I start up my computer from sleep it take a 5-10 seconds to un freeze...

Are these things normal or should I take my computer back to the Apple store. I both it 10 days ago so I guess I could still return it.

Thanks for all your help and I look forward to hearing everyones responses.

2. jasonbro macrumors regular

youtube is based on flash and flash is not apple. If you bring home a new mac from the store it doesn't come with flash. You've gotta install flash on the computer.

That being said flash sucks. You can google steve jobs response on flash. He hates it. So do I. It's terrible, it's extremely buggy, and jobs said that more often than not when Macs have problems it's due to Flash.

Currently flash, as bad as it is, is even WORSE because they didn't optimize their software for lion. So currently if you run Lion i think flash is terrible, even worse than usual terrible.

Technically the problem with flash isn't a problem with your computer.

Flash is terrible.

3. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

So please, tell us, how do u really feel about Flash?

4. ahdickter macrumors 6502

If you downloaded the beta version of flash for Lion, you would find it's highly optimized, doesn't lag, and works flawlessly. They did a nice job with it.

5. jasonbro macrumors regular

lol, i picked this thread out of nowhere that noone cared to reply to and i try to help the guy out and you want to give me a hard time.

Feel free to disagree with me if you want. But i doubt you will.

6. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

7. jasonbro macrumors regular

I'm convinced that Flash was causing Kernal panics in safari when i first bought my 2010 i7 2.8ghz too.

Every problem i have is Flash, no kidding.

My computer is heating up now and i'm convinced again, it's because of flash.

Jobs what right.

8. jasonbro macrumors regular

I did. It sucks.

EDIT: My computer uses the same CPU % as the un-optimized version of flash that's sandboxed in chrome did. And the computer gets just as hot. Nice job adobe!!

9. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

There are always quibbles with new versions of OS X.

There have been reports about Flash having problems with Lion. Early, there were talks about disabled hardware acceleration - which proved to be not true.

Adobe was a little bit slow on this, but will follow through.

I'd give it a week or two for upgrades.

10. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Chill out man, I was just being silly. I actually don't disagree with u at all, I feel the same way about Flash. That is why I downloaded a program called Clicktoflash for Safari. I highly recommend it for anyone who hates flash.

11. jasonbro macrumors regular

sorry :(

I tried to force to html5 and i can't figure out how to do it right. I hate flash. I hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it :)

12. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

I see that relaxing is a totally boring activity to you ;)

It's just a piece of software. And it doesn't come after you. Doesn't try to log into your mind...

Have fun!

13. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

This. Flash runs better on Lion than on any platform available today. It's quite amazing.

14. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

The worst part about flash is the average Joe who doesn't know jack about computers are attracted to flash. If you watch any commercial for any
    non-iPad tablet, they always mention that it runs flash, and leaves the iPad in the cold when it comes to flash. I have an iPad and everyone asks me "how's flash on it? Duh huh uh huh..."

So basically Apple gets crap for paving the way to a better future (non-flash,HTML5 instead) and they get crap for it. HP, HTC, and Samsung all market flash as one of their major selling points that Apple products lack. But once Apple perfects it they'll copy Apple. That's how the circle always goes right?

A little off topic but sort of on topic

15. jasonbro macrumors regular

lol. That's exactly what i as thinking when i was writing that last post.

A piece of software that RUINS MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. (capitalization and punctuation for emphasis lol)

16. jasonbro macrumors regular

I can;t help but think you and that other dude have some association with flash.... did i download the wrong version?????? I got it earlier today and it SUCKS.

I'm not falling for this flash is great and it's Apples problem BS again. When i stay away from flash my CPU is swell. I have flash, because i need to watch those cool videos on barstoolsports, but i also put my gloves on beforehand. (not literally but it's HOT)

17. jasonbro macrumors regular

on topic.

Flash sucks. Google supports HTML5 too, flash will be choked out before you know it.

18. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

Dr. Freund would suggest that you were traumatized by a Flash Gordon comic book in your early youth ;)

19. jasonbro macrumors regular

Nope, Flash ruins my trouble-free macbook experience and i hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it. and i wrote all of those without copy and paste because i HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#@OYO@#*$O#$#OU@Y#$*#$OUYI#$OY