New macbook pro nightmare...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bfg110, Dec 24, 2008.

1. bfg110 macrumors member

Hello.

I am running a brand new macbook pro and my dvd burner doesnt seem to be working. In toast it stays on, preparing, the entire time and never moves past it. what can i do?!

also,, my T button squeaks with this annoying like crunch.

please give info about this dvd problem

2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

what version of toast are you running? Similar problem occurred to me when I ran an older version of toast, when I tried to burn a disc it hangs. But that only happened to me once and when I upgraded the toast to 9.0.3 and up it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps.

3. kolax macrumors G3

Keep pressing the "T" key rapidly and whatever is causing the squeak should get worn away.

As for the DVD burner - have you tried burning a disc using Disk Utility? If that works, then your DVD drive is fine. It'll most likely be a Toast issue.

4. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

It is most likely toast. Again, try burning a DVD. It may also be the superdrive, but unlikely. These problems have occurred before with the apple superdrives, however. Anyway, as for the T button, take it in to the apple store and have them swap out the key. They have been very helpful on issues with laptop keyboards for me (got my PowerBook N, V, L keys replaced after they wore down).

5. Glueeater macrumors regular

Toast 8 didn't burn DVDs on my new MBP. However, after installing 9.0 it worked fine.

No idea.

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Try burning the DVD in the Finder rather than using Toast. As mentioned earlier Toast may be having issues.

A Nightmare??? A bit on the exaggeration side don't ya think? Your post title made it seem like your MBP had a meltdown or you lost all of your files.