New Macbook Pro NOT having I-Life pre-installed?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by meawanderer99, Aug 26, 2009.

1. meawanderer99 macrumors newbie

I have a friend who just switched from PC to Mac. He bought a Macbook Pro. He bought it in person at a store in South Korea where we currently are stationed. I was taking a look at it and could not for the life of me find IMovie, IPhoto, IDVD, or IWeb on his computer anywhere.

I've had Macs for 5 years now and I've always had that software pre-installed when I bought them. I'm confused as to why he doesn't have it on his. The Apple website says all Macs come pre-installed with I-Life. Does this not include new Macs bought at stores overseas?

Like I said, he bought it at a store here in South Korea, NOT through the Mac website. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If the store wasn't a reseller, it could have easily been stolen, wiped, and had only the OS installed.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It's on the second disk that came with the laptop.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This makes no sense. The restore discs that hopefully came with the computer should fix that.

5. Rich1803 macrumors newbie

Consider the purchase source. As an old man who was there by invitation of Uncle Sam...nothing ever changes...BEWARE. The good news, assuming he received the restore discs, he is ok. If not...return to store if it is still there.