New Macbook Pro- Official- with Pictures

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by riz78612, Oct 14, 2008.

1. riz78612 macrumors regular

New Macbook Pro- contains. :D

http://www.apple.com/uk/macbookpro/

It's the NVIDIA GeForce 9400 M

A single die with both chipset and GPU, the latter of which takes up 70%

Has 16 parallel graphics cores, 54gflops of performance

In fact it's five times faster than current graphics in MacBook Pros, and in the real world that translates to 6x the performance

The existing NVIDIA 8600M in the MBP has only 55% the performance of the NVIDIA GeForce 9400 M

Also have a new multitouch glass touchpad :D

larger than current trackpads

In fact 39% larger

The whole pad is the button

We can confirm that the casing - at least without anything in it! - feels very sturdy

Lights are back down "Hundreds of people have worked for many months on this"

It looks exactly like the casing leak photos
    50% of the structural parts
    They're passing around a shell for the new MBP so people can feel it

Keyboard is backlit "Sudden motion sensor" for drops and knocks Magnetic replacing the old design : Built-in iSight and microphone : It's also "environmentally responsible"

"Precision aluminum unibody enclosure" using the new manufacture technique
    They're demonstrating the gestures on-screen The glass has been optimized for "silky smooth travel"
    You can have multiple virtual buttons and new 4-finger gestures through software
    So no need for a separate button
    5hrs vs. 4 hours on the 9600 GT

The Mini DisplayPort is downsized from the full sized DVI connector. The Mini DisplayPort can drive everything the big DVI can (30-inch displays).

It’s going to come in two models. $1999, 15.4-inch LED backlit display. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 3MB L2 Cache, 2GB 1066MHz DDR3 Memory, the two GeForces, 250GB hard drive and SuperDrive.

Second config is $2499. 2.53GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 4GB memory, 512MB video memory and bigger hard drive.

These MacBook Pros are shipping today.

Just as important as what they put in is what they left out, for environmentally concerned users. This MBP has 37% smaller packaging and earned the EPEAT Gold rating.

Attached Files:

2. RavenWinds macrumors member

im on the live blog now.

its all looking pretty good but does anyone know just how much RAM you can put into it yet? or has that not been mentioned yet?

3. ZachSB macrumors newbie

2499 version comes with 4 gigs
    1999 comes with 2 gigs.

4. RavenWinds macrumors member

thanks, but im from the UK so i'll need to wait and see what it is in pounds
    :)

5. RiggedProductio macrumors newbie

Wow.

They got rid of FW 400.
    And there's no matte option.

Are they deliberately trying to cut out their professional video editing base?

And the macbook and pro are now way too similiar. I mean, give the pro something to justify the hike in price.

Really disappointed.

6. Fogtripper macrumors member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Would pro video editors really be using a laptop?

I've a replacement mid-model MBP coming to me, having been ordered by my local apple store. Hasn't yet come in yet and I am wondering if they'll be the new or old model MBP.

7. RiggedProductio macrumors newbie

8. Alchematron macrumors 6502a

Alchematron

WHAT THE HELL???

NO Built in 3G Antenna
    NO Blu-Ray Drive
    NO Silver Keys
    NO Matte Screen
    NO Sleek Minimalist Bezel

9. Fogtripper macrumors member

I do have to say, the overall look makes me rather gag. It honestly looks less elegant than last gen MBPs. In fact, the person that took the picture captured exactly what is wrong with a glossy coated screen.

10. answer348 macrumors member

You completely mixed up your numbers on the GPU. The 9400M is 6 times faster than the current Macbook (NOT PRO). The 9400M has 55% the performance of the 8600M GT (NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND).