New Macbook Pro owner with a few questions.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gopens, Aug 30, 2011.

1. gopens macrumors newbie

So I received my MBP 13 base model today. I love this thing. I am sold. I do have some questions being I am completely new to the MAC OS. I have found many of my questions using google. But here are a couple questions I have not found. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance for your help

1. How can I get Safari to open to a full sized page. I currently open Safari and its a smaller window, then I have to click the top right button to make it a full page. Is there a way it will go to a full page by default?

2. I am having problems figuring out how to keep my bookmarks tab visible at all times. I currently have to scroll to the top of the screen and only then will the bookmarks tab show up. I like to have it visible at all times.

I am sure I will have some more questions. I know the 2 questions above are not really a big deal. Thanks

2. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

1. I think it always starts in the small screen mode requiring you to enter fullscreen.

2. Yeah, in fullscreen mode that happens for me as well. Not sure how to change that. Sorry. When not in full screen they stay open. :p

3. Ole'schooliBook macrumors member

1) Not entirely sure I understand the question. If you quit Safari every time, then perhaps it restarts out in window mode. Honestly, there's not really much reason to quit unless you're severely memory-compromised. If you keep it open, it stays as a full-screen app and you can just browse new pages in tabs as required. The overhead for an app like Safari running idle is almost nil.

2)In order to keep the bookmarks bar visible at all time, just go up to View-->Always Show Bookmarks Bar, or press the command-shift-B. That should do the trick for you!

The learning of Mac OS X never really stops. I've been using it since it was first released (not a major power-user, but definitely a life-long Mac user). I still discover cool little features that, when you think about them, just make sense! Really a cool OS.

4. gopens thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks again for your help

----------

Actually, I just remembered one more question. Is there an easier way to "x" out of a full sized safari window. Right now I have to press esc then it shows me the red "x" button to close it. Then I can close the window. Its just one extra little step. I hope this makes sense.

5. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

I believe cmd+w will exit the screen completely.

(p.s. Command will be your best friend)

6. Smithyster macrumors newbie