new Macbook Pro Penryn Battery at 99% health

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shinny, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Shinny macrumors newbie

I know it's not something to scream about and I'd just probably need to calibrate it. I was wondering what the Maximum battery capacity for everybody is. Mine is 5581 mAh. Also for some reason coconutBattery says I have 7 battery cycles and my mac is 122 months old. Any clue why ?

2. paenguin macrumors member

paenguin

same issue as mine. Apple Genius told me that i should not worry about it since the battery could have been tested by RD. as the age of Mac, hmmm haven't found my answer. i dunno much since this is my first Mac.. ;)

3. skiffx macrumors 6502a

My first mac as well and istat says 99% as well, not that its a big deal, but its just something that screams imperfection when I just received it today. Im letting the battery run out now, leave it overnight and recharge it tomorrow, see if it goes back up to 100, if not, then :apple: better give me a new one.

4. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

First of all, Coconutbattery is not compatible with Leopard. It hasnt been updated since the release of leopard.

it does not report the correct # of cycles, and very much less the life of the battery.

5. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I find that it reads the health and charges the same in Leopard as it did in Tiger. The age and cycles is where it is goofy. To see these look in System Profiler or use the iStatPro widget.

6. skiffx macrumors 6502a

Yeah not to mention that I have the same problem and I used istat, which reported 99% with 1 cycle.

7. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

there was something on the apple website (which of course i can't find right now) that said it is completely normal for it to never actually show 100% and may not get higher than between 93% and 99% (depending on model).

unless i'm thinking of charge, not health...hmmm. not much help until i find the article...

found it!

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88344

8. Shinny thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine at 100% now after I charged it up, it started to increase the capacity 5609.

9. skiffx macrumors 6502a

Yep, I did the reset where you unplug your battery + AC and hold down power button for 10 sec, then calibrated my battery and it's back at 100%. But now my screen is bleeding at the bottom ... :confused:

10. vanwas macrumors newbie

I'm beginning to think (though observation) that if your battery is down around 98-100% whenever you plug it in, it will not charge. But if you use your computer and drain the battery a bit more, it will then charge back up to 100%. If this is the case, it makes perfect sense to me. (not adding to charging cycles in small increments)