New MacBook Pro = Price Drop on Old Stock?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adamyoshida, Feb 4, 2008.

1. adamyoshida macrumors regular

If we get a new MacBook Pro tomorrow, is there going to be an immediate price drop on the older stock in stores?

I ask, because I'm looking at one of the 2.2 Ghz Santa Rosa models. With the LED problems seemingly mostly solved, they seem like a solid system - whereas a Rev. A of a new generation is likely to have any number of problems.

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Maybe through Best Buy or some other retailers, eventually... but from Apple? No.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Easily on the refurbished models and a small chance of a sale in a retail store.

Apple Resellers are another story.

4. ipo macrumors member

yep

yep, for sure . BUT i should tell you that there's a significant lack of possibility for the update to take place tomorrow . .. BUT if it does .it would be fictive , 'cause they'd need some time to show up in the stores. just like the MBAirs.
    have fun! :-/

5. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well from the rumors we have recieved it looks as though it wouldn't be a significant update to warrant a REV. A status (i.e. they wont be using different screens etc...) so it technically wouldnt be that different apart from a bump in CPU and (hopefully) GPU.

So all they are doing is taking a pretty sound machine and updating a few of the bits inside...

Ofcourse I will probably be completely wrong!

6. adamyoshida thread starter macrumors regular

New chipset + new GPU + multi-touch trackpad + new keyboard + modified enclosure = teething issues, I suspect.