New MacBook pro problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weekend1, Oct 20, 2009.

1. weekend1 macrumors newbie

I got a MacBook pro yesterday I have been on the internet today and now a spinning rainbow disk has take the place of the curser and I can't dl anything i'm new to using a mac how to I fix it?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try force quitting safari?

Did you try rebooting?

Does this occur all of the time, or is just this one time?

3. marzy macrumors member

Have you restarted. Normally it only starts happening in one applications if so hold down CMD + option/Alt + Esc and force quit the application that is red or you think is causing the problem.

If in doubt just restart the computer, if the computer fails to restart by going to the apple on the top left hand corner and selecting restart, hold down the macbook pro power button for 8 seconds and that will force your computer to turn off.

4. weekend1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I forced quit safari and that worked thanks for your help still learning how to do things but love my new mac!

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not a problem, If any app is going to freeze, it seems, sarfari is the one. Its been quite stable for me, but I have had issues from time to time. Force quitting typically fixes it though

6. weekend1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi I'm still having this problem but its getting worse its happening everyday, mainly when I'm in safari but also when I'm typing up work. Sometimes just minutes apart and its really annoying me. Does anyone know how to solve this. thanks

Also I have noticed that a few people have heard the clicking noise I'm hearing that on my comp as well.