New MacBook Pro Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thekjs88, Oct 21, 2008.

1. thekjs88 macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I got my new MacBook Pro today and overall I love it. It's my first Mac. However, there are a few things that I wanted to get help with.

Whenever I open the lid after it being closed...the screen flickers. Not like on and off, but the brightness flickers I guess is how I would say it.

I actually called Apple and they had me take the battery out and reset system management, but it set the brightness kinda low so I didn't notice the flicker until after I hung up the phone and turned the brightness up (I have it all the way on high). It flickers for probably less than thirty seconds.

ALSO

This has happened three times, but my computer has went to sleep by itself a few times. It quickly wakes back up.

What should I do?

2. eddy64 macrumors regular

My best advice is to take it to an apple store and have a genius look at it.

3. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

>System
    >>Preferences
    >>>Display

Uncheck "Automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes"

4. thekjs88 thread starter macrumors member

Tried it already :(

5. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

Hahaha, damn. Though I had an easy one.

I noticed a similar thing and just switched off the auto brightness (which I've never cared for anyway. It always seems to guess wrong and give me super bright in darkness and dim in the light).

Take it in, try it a few times to make sure the apple tech can see it happen (otherwise they'll think you're crazy) and hopefully get a new screen or mbp.

:(

6. thekjs88 thread starter macrumors member

Do you think I could call them? The nearest Apple Store is more than an hour away...maybe an hour and a half. I ordered it from the Apple Store online.