New Macbook Pro Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by okachobi, Oct 21, 2008.

1. okachobi macrumors newbie

I received my MacBook Pro yesterday and it wouldn't boot. It beeped 3 times. It turned out that 1 of the memory sticks was bad and Apple replaced it in the Apple store.

So it seemed to be ok, but I decided I'd try to test out the 2nd graphics processor by switching to it and running UT2004. I entered a level and flew around a little while and the screen went black and I had to force a reboot with the power button. I restarted and tried the same thing again- and again it crashed! So now I'm thinking that I might have bad video memory too.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Is there something that can test the video memory of the second graphics processor?

2. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

Wait, so did you run UT2k4 with the 9600M or the 9400 integrated when it crashed?

If it crashed while you were running UT2k4 under the 9400, it's probably because the settings are too high or it taxed the 9400 too much and it froze up.

Remember, the 9400 is still integrated, even if it is "5 times faster" than X3100.