New MacBook Pro Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kingshrubb, Aug 31, 2008.

1. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

Hey I just bought a new MBP about 11 days ago and I am having some trouble with it. First off i've been getting the vertical striping real bad
    http://images.macrumors.com/article/...alStripes2.jpg

and 2nd the case doesn't shut very evenly. I was wondering if you guys thought I should return it? And if i got a new one, since it is so close to the release date of the new MBP (if it is indeed Sept. 9th), should I just leave it unopened and return it again when the new MBP comes out so I don't have issues with the graphics card again? Is this possible to do? Thanks! :)

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

definately take it back as that screen is not acceptable. im not sure about the uneven casing though as its just the aluminium being susceptable to minor warping and/or the hooks not being level. either way you should get a new one or a replaced screen.

im not sure what the time period is when you buy a new Mac before a new one is released but i think its a month?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, you mean for returns? 14 days.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yeh like swap it for the newest if you bought the previous version.

so if new MBPs are released on Sep. 9 the OP wouldnt get the newer version?

5. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

I think some people found that if you bent the frame that contains the screen (gently) so that it was straight and closed properly, it fixed some visual errors.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If the computer were to be release on the 4th, a replacement would be out of the question.

7. rhg84 macrumors newbie

Why would you return just to get another and let it sit in the box? Return it and get your money back or your store credit. Better then going through 2 returns and thats if apple does release the new ones on the 9th. What if they dont?