New Macbook pro reinstallation problem using leopard disk

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dievil, Dec 26, 2008.

1. dievil macrumors newbie

Hello
    My old macbook pro stop working a couple of weeks ago and I got it change to the new macbook pro. I was trying to reinstall OS X using the Leopard disk 10.5 because I don't have the utility disks of this new macbook pro but I wont boot. It keeps restarting continuously and never boots the cd. I've tried using the option key to use the boot menu but still wont boot the cd.
    Has anybody had the same problem? or know a possible solution for this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Diego V

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You're going to need to use the specific build grey discs that were included with the laptop. Earlier OS X discs will NOT have the proper drivers.

3. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I guess I will ask the obvious question. How do you get a New MBP without the utility disk? Or do we even want to know? :eek:

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The discs are in the laptop's original box. They're in the smaller white box that contains the user manuals, various wireless documentation, and other agreements. It's usually cleverly hidden under the laptop in a cut out in the foam.

5. dievil thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a way I can get those grey disks for the new macbook pro? the thing is that I used to have a Macbook pro with tiger pre-installed and I bought Leopard. So Im guessing that cd wont work in my new macbook pro.

When my old macbook pro died, they gave me a new one of the new model but the didn't give me the grey disks.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Explain please.

7. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Beat me to it. "They" should have given you the disk. "They" would know that you would need the disk and that the disk needs to stay with the computer. I think you need to go back and have "Them" give you the disk.

Sorry for the quotations but somethings not adding up here.

8. dievil thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to the Apple store, they couldn't fix my macbook pro and after like a month of waiting, the gave me the new version of the macbook pro because they didn't have any old version ones. So they kept my old macbook pro and gave me a new one but with out any documentation.

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

They didn't even give you the box?

10. dievil thread starter macrumors newbie

No they didn't, they just gave me the laptop.

11. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Wow, tell them they didn't give you the OS X DVDs for the new laptop and now you're FUBAR without them.