New MacBook Pro Release Date

When will the New Classic or Retina MacBook Pros with Haswell processors be released?

• July/August

Votes: 52 38.0%
  • September/October

Votes: 68 49.6%
  • November/December

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Next Year

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters

NeXT MacRumors

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
When will the New Classic or Retina MacBook Pros with Haswell processors be released?

Last edited:

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I thought Haswell is for ultraportable laptop only but rMBP is not very ultraportable??? For some reasons retina display would overkill battery so Haswell is not going to save extra battery like 13/11" MBA :apple:

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I thought Haswell is for ultraportable laptop only but rMBP is not very ultraportable??? For some reasons retina display would overkill battery so Haswell is not going to save extra battery like 13/11" MBA :apple:
Haswell is for all laptops. rMBP will get it.

sofianito

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2011
Spain
I reckon July/August, just in time for the Back to School buyers. Its a big market and apple would be crazy to miss it.
Tha'ts why Apple released the Haswell MBA. They know most of BTS buyers have low budget and get a MBA...

I don't expect rMBP until October. It has to be released along with Mavericks... It makes more sense... but who knows...

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London/New York
Tha'ts why Apple released the Haswell MBA. They know most of BTS buyers have low budget and get a MBA...

I don't expect rMBP until October. It has to be released along with Mavericks... It makes more sense... but who knows...

That does make sense I suppose. I hoping for August as I am starting a new university course in September and I will need a rMBP and I'd rather get one when it's newly released.

007 Junior

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
The Netherlands
Okay, this is what I guess what's going to happen. Following the line of all rumors I would suggest Apple will quietly add their updated MacBook Pro Retina to the Apple Store, by the end of July or early August. The most major changes will be the new Haswell-processor, faster SSD and a Full HD-iSight-camera. I don't really think they will come up with a smaller design.

ajumbaje

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2005
VA
# I can't wait. I'm waiting for my replace my 2008 Mac book pro. It's on it's last leg and its battery needs replacing.
im in the same boat, battery is fine, but would like to upgrade. Also thinking of getting a refurb rMBP off apple for $2619(16gb ram, 768gb ssd)

Ironsyde

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
The only reason they'd want to delay the MBPs is for Mavericks. However, this doesn't really make sense as Apple would missing out on a lot of summer sales, plus MBPs have often been released before the OS update in the past. Seriously, unless there's a persistent retina screen supply problem, there's no reason for Haswell rMBPs not to be released in July.

sofianito

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2011
Spain
The only reason they'd want to delay the MBPs is for Mavericks. However, this doesn't really make sense as Apple would missing out on a lot of summer sales, plus MBPs have often been released before the OS update in the past. Seriously, unless there's a persistent retina screen supply problem, there's no reason for Haswell rMBPs not to be released in July.
Yeah, but they need to sell the early 2013 rMBPs overstock... ;). Their strategy is working as expected because a lot of people are buying now... This also would mean the haswell rMBP could appear before october... :D

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
man the cash in my account is just lying there waiting for a new refresh as well as the new mac pro. For now il plan retina or non retina. Any guess what the specs should look like?

dazlicous

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
man the cash in my account is just lying there waiting for a new refresh as well as the new mac pro. For now il plan retina or non retina. Any guess what the specs should look like?
I know the feeling dude. Got the cash sat there waiting to get my 1st Mac which will be a Haswell rMBP instead of using a clapped out plastic Dell turd