New Macbook Pro Release

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aaplTIM, Jul 31, 2008.

1. aaplTIM macrumors newbie

Upgraded Macbook Pros are supposedly being shipped in September. If I don't like the upgrades, will I still be able to buy the MBPs that are currently available?
    Will they be cheaper? Will I be able to upgrade them through the store? (Higher RPM in Hard Drive and maybe more RAM)

Thanks in advance.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The older models will be on the Apple refurbished store. If you go to a retail store they might offer the older models that are still in stock at a discount.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Refurb or eBay will be the only way to get current models after the new ones ship.

4. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

sorry but i wanted to ask a question regarding out of date macs. what are the usual discounts on them?

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Look at the last-revision Macs in the refurb store now. Since Apple hasn't changed base prices since the introduction of the MacBook Pro, they'll give you a great idea of what to expect price-wise.

6. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

A few days after the release of a new MBP's I bought the previous model. It was about 25% cheaper. The saved money I used for purchase of RAM and router. I think that it was a good move.

7. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

the previous generation sales are all mbp(17 inch) and a imac. i was looking for a macbook but they don't have it. and the prices are everywhere from 2199 to 2999. i'm not realy sure what to expect for the macbook, probably around $200 difference?

8. jroller macrumors regular

I regularly and strongly recommend a visit to the refurb section before purchasing. If you find a machine with the specs you like in the refurb store there is NO REASON to spend more elsewhere. Refurbs are in superior shape and carry a full warranty.

9. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Don't forget Amazon either, they generally have some sizable discounts on new last-generation Macbooks Pros. Seems like they're all out out, but worth a shot when the new ones are released.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Also remember when the new ones come out, the old stock is repackaged as refurbished.