New MacBook Pro Retina Trackpad Loose

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by malibuboats91, Jan 6, 2015.

1. malibuboats91 macrumors regular

Hey everyone I bought a 15" MacBook Pro retina around thanksgiving time. Lately I've been noticing a rattling noise and figured out it's the trackpad. One side is sunk in and you can lightly tap your finger on it and see it move/rattle. I called best buy and I can exchange it. Would I be best off exchanging it or just taking it in to apple? I have a time capsule, but spend a lot of time setting this up. Thanks!

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If Best Buy will exchange it for a brand new one, I would go that route.

3. malibuboats91 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to try exchanging it. I'm messing around with my MacBook right now and if I lay my finger on the trackpad gently I can see it flexing as I move my finger to the top. The right side will make clicking noises if I tap gently also. I've had other MacBooks and they never did this.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

That definitely isn't normal. Hopefully, you will be in and out at Best Buy in quick time.

5. malibuboats91 thread starter macrumors regular

I just picked up a new one. They just asked what was wrong with it then grabbed me a new one. Thankfully best buy had the return period extension for the holidays. Thanks!

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Good news. That was very easy. Hopefully, you won't have to deal with that kind of thing again with your Mac.

7. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Even if they didn't I'm sure an Apple Store would give you a replacement. The huge profits per unit allow Apple to compensate for the declining quality and just give away replacements.