New Macbook Pro serious wifi issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by briand05, May 1, 2011.

1. briand05 macrumors 6502

I just bought a 13" i5 Macbook Pro last night and it's great...except for the HORRIBLE wifi. :( It's just constantly losing the connection and I have to shut off airport and turn it back on to get it back. Now I do have a UVERSE 2WIRE router and I was reading about some issues with MBPs and 2WIRE routers last night, but I don't know if that's what's going on here or not or is it related to the general wifi problems reported with the 2011 Macbook Pros? Is there anything I could do here to improve the wifi because it was getting really bad (like dropping every 20 minutes)...

And it just did it again while I was typing this post. :mad:

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Some routers just don't play nice with MBP's, I've had no problems whatsoever with mine though. I did read a lot of complaints from people owning Uverse 2wires though. My linksys has been flawless.

3. briand05 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just restarted the router and reset the IP address, seems better for now. *crosses fingers*.

4. rturner2 macrumors 6502

Serious issues!

There are serious issues when running Windows 7 in Bootcamp mode. Using the Personal Hotspot feature on my iPhone 4 and it drops off and won't reconnect. It happens all the time.

:mad:

5. frankieboy macrumors regular

Try wiring up to the router, turn off Airport on your Mac, and tell us if the problem goes away, or not.

6. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Good luck! I used to have similar issues from time to time with my 2007 MBP, and I was never quite sure whether to blame the Mac or the router. I've only had my 2011 MBP for a week or so, but so far so good!