New Macbook pro should I send it back?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PirateMonkey, Oct 12, 2011.

1. PirateMonkey macrumors member

Just thought I should say hi and type as quick as possible as this is the problem I'm having, I have a new 2011 Macbook Pro, I took it into work today and tested out cc4anywhere, this cause a massive problems for me, I uninstalled all the apps because Lion did not respond well to any of it well now I'm having major issues even though I've removed all offending software, I've just reset the SMC and thats made it even worse!

I was getting 6 hours web surfing on my Macbook running on battery now I'm getting less than an hour and I'm literally watching the timer go down was just at 76% now its a 71% and going down I've only had it on 10 mins, the fan is going mad like really mad and I've tried restating everything SMC cleaned out the cache reset permissions, it's running worse than my 2003 HP pile of rubbish! is this a know floor as I'm going traveling early next year and that is why I bought the system for better battery life and better reliability so far I've seen less than a months worth of reliability it's rubbish.

Sorry for the rant any help would be nice thinking of sending it back its that bad! battery at 67% now!

About my mac

13" Macbook Pro
    2.3Ghz intel core i5
    8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
    OS X Lion 10.7.2

Battery at 61% lol!:eek:

2. jollygoodamy macrumors regular

:eek: How long have you had your MBP?

Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

The built-in battery of your MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air is designed to deliver up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles before it reaches 80 percent of its original capacity.
    How Many cycles have you had on your MBP?

3. PirateMonkey thread starter macrumors member

I've owned it less than a month, the thing is the fan is going mad to and the system is untouchable hot! 2011 Macbook Pro I think they should take it back or I'll sue I'm good at that.

4. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

:rolleyes:

Oh lord.

5. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

You know that's a great line to use in a couple of places like the medical field where doctors won't touch you even if your bleeding out! Or angry drug dealers in a back ally! Or a forum with people trying to help by not suggesting compulsive/ass hat moves like suing....

6. PirateMonkey thread starter macrumors member

lol I'm only joking mate I'm just stressing because I'm going to Aus soon and wanted my system to work and now I'm worried I won't get it back in time for the trip! lol oh well one of those things I guess!:mad:

7. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Thank God...I hate people who run to lawyers..lol. Anyways check activity monitor...you have no idea how many times I've left up some stupid 3rd party application that sucks down battery life pretty bad..

8. PirateMonkey thread starter macrumors member

lol I have a dry sometimes overlooked sense of humour you'll get to know me anyway :D
    There are a few things running but all say they are at 0.0% cpu usage! so I assume thats okay is there away I can dump it so I can copy it to the forum so you can see?

9. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yeah if you use the key combination "command", "Shift" "4" you can highlight the window.

10. PirateMonkey thread starter macrumors member

Just found it thank you! I also may have found the culprit on further inspection AGAdminService 100% CPU usage! what is that when it's at home? and It won't quit just restarts itself!

Edit Killed it with terminal

sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.citrix.agadminservice.plist

stupid citrix cc4anywhere was the issue!

Thank you for your help just hope I got to it before any damage was done!

11. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

OH Citrix! Haha I've had 4 years of their rubbish service and I can say it is nothing but trouble! Haha I don't know how I didn't see that but they have caused me file loss and at times horrendous battery life or just not working at all.

12. PirateMonkey thread starter macrumors member

haha it's the first time we have used them, we have just upgraded to there cc4anywhere package it's like there big thing over here (at the minute)I don't know if you guys use a similar or exactly the same thing, but it's meant to let us log into a windows hosted network so we can use things like Sims.net, all that basically does is register our students that there in school where they should be and not bunking class, the only problem with Sims.net is it has a 32bit BDE installation that goes with it so it's strictly windows based, but we have quite a few iPads and quite a few apple macs.

The whole idea was to make things easy so we don't have to configure peoples outlook as we don't have exchange anymore (I like not having it but also now miss it) so far it's not worked like we hoped it would, so far we can only get it to work with a Windows 7 Machine with (get this) Internet Explore 8 not 9 no IE 9 doesn't even download the extension for it, it gets confused and won't even download it! lol but thats useless as we need it to work with none windows devices and only a few home devices that might be vista/7 or XP.