New MacBook Pro sleeves

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by in-ten-city, Aug 10, 2007.

1. in-ten-city macrumors member

Hey! after reading a lot of the material on the forum ive just joined and wanted to thank everyone for the valuable insights and information everone has offered!

I am currently in the market for a sleeve for my mbp and have come down to 2 relatively newly released cases which are very appealing and wanted to know if anyone here has had any experience with either of them or simply wants to offer their opinion on which one is better.

The first is the Moshi Codex 15, its made of viscotex and terahedron, and its pros imo are its carrying handle and remote sleeve. it comes in a sleek black and silver. see more here (http://www.aevoe.com/moshi/codex_15.htm)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] are there any other sleeves on the market that have all these features?

the next sleeve im considering is the iSkin SOHO. though it lacks the carrying handle, but its just so sleek and nice looking! see more here (http://www.iskin.com/SOHO/)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what is appealing about both of these cases is that they have elastic screen straps inside that allow you to use the laptop having the top flap flop backwards which to me is messy and unprofessional.

additionally, there is a sleeve which is all over ebay which seems comparable, but am very unsure and was wondering if anyone had input

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks in advance for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

2. in-ten-city thread starter macrumors member

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Probably due to the fact there are other similar threads and the subject has been discussed a lot.

Usually comes down to personal preferences (doesn't everything?). I opted for a generic just to get me back and forth. I didn't do any research or searching, just said, hmmm, ok, like that one ok...

Good luck with your choice, I think you will be happy with any of them.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Don't know those two but don't buy Speck cases

I haven't used either of these two. My concern would be heat dissipation in the back if you use the case with the laptop in place.

I have a MBP 15" with the Speck hard plastic case. The good thing about the case is it provides protection all the time as the case doesn't need to be removed - also has vents for ventilation in the back. The bad thing is that it makes it heavier, dust in between can scratch laptop and the plastic isn't that durable - so, wouldn't buy again.

I also have a Marware sportfolio sleeve which is well priced and I use all the time.

You're not getting a lot of replies because those two cases aren't as popular, they look nice and will probably do a great job but I'd be concerned about using when the laptop heats up ... and they do heat up.