New Macbook Pro - So many accessories

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nykee23, Jul 15, 2008.

1. nykee23 macrumors newbie

Man, just coming down from my online purchase of my 17", but it's funny, it's coming in on Friday and like a newborn, I go cuckoo buying accessories for it's arrival. Went cuckoo and got:

Incase sleeve - Plum - colorful yet subtle
    Iskin Protouch - Sonic blue - and yes I'll remove it when I do CPU intensive stuff so it can breath.
    Iskin mighty mouse protector - Blush
    Wire mighty mouse - will get that local

And now debating between the Road Podium Pad or the Zephyr USB powered fan platform to keep it cool when under load.

And later down the line, more software.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I've had one for a year, and the only accessories I bought were actually peripherals: 20" LCD monitor, wireless Apple keyboard, wireless Mighty Mouse, and speakers. Oh yeah, I've been through a couple of card readers as well.

I think you might be overdoing it, but it's yo money! The MBP can handle a load better than you think, even in clamshell mode. Just make sure to set it on something flat and solid (not a bedspread or carpet). Also make sure to install iStat on your menu bar so you can monitor temperatures and stuff. My CPU will get almost to 180 when using HandBrake, which uses about 190% of my processing (dual cores, 200% = tops).

3. jshbckr macrumors 6502

4. mBurns macrumors 6502

Congratulations on the purchase. Don't spoil your machine too much!