New MacBook Pro (Tight Ports & Audio Noise?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thouts, Oct 27, 2008.

1. thouts macrumors regular

thouts

Hello all,

I just got my new MBP last week and for the most part I am very please with it despite the negative comments it has been getting. There are a couple things though that I was wondering about.

Of every port that I have had something in so far (USB, MagSafe, Headphone) it has been a bit difficult to get the cable out of the port. Is this normal? Does it take a while for the ports to loosen or something?

Secondly, I had my external hard drive connected thru USB while having a Y-cable from my headphone jack to my stereo reciever. There was noise coming from my speakers only when having the USB plugged in (same for both ports)

Anyone shed a little light?

Thanks.

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Congrats!!

Sometimes it's better to have slightly tighter ports.. You don't want hardware unplugging while your using it.. besides, over time, after extensive uses, they'll become more 'normal' feel. The Magsafe is Magnetic so that should feel slightly clunkier at first.

I'm not sure about the static noise... maybe someone here can help?

3. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

Could just be a grounding issue. I notice things like that sometimes, like when I have my guitar in hand an am using the computer I get static/buzzing through the amp when I touch the trackpad.

4. PeaceOut macrumors member