New MacBook Pro update imminent?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ShocK x10, Oct 5, 2009.

  1. ShocK x10 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2009
    #1
    I shall give you a story:
    26 september, I waltz on in to an Apple Certified Reseller (iQ - Guernsey, CI) and ask about 2.53 MBP 13". Well they were out of stock but they had some on order and expected them on the Monday, it was a Saturday and they placed the order on a Friday apparently. Well, the following friday, 2nd Oct, my mother walked on in and asked if they were in yet.
    The reply? "No. We have a waiting list and can put you down, but we have no idea when out next shipment will arrive"
    This is odd, especially seeing as I have friends whom have ordered macbooks from this store a few weeks ago, with a mere 3 day shipment time.

    So with these 13 inch MacBook Pros out of stock, could this mean there is also an update coming to the MBP, and soon? I think so :cool:
     
  2. copykris macrumors 6502a

    copykris

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2009
    Location:
    home
  3. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

    MacGiver

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2007
    Location:
    France
    #3
    I hope so too...i would sell my MBP c2d i bought in sept 2007 and buy a new one :cool:
     
  4. stevearm macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2007
    #4
    November > June > October?

    7 months between MBP's then only 4 months?

    I doubt it.
     
  5. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
  6. puma1552 macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    #6
    Except you're following the buyer's guide which neglects the slight upgrade in March.
     
  7. ShocK x10 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2009
    #7
    Just to say, the store had some more 13 2.53 MBPs arrive today, so maybe it wasnt something big sign loike. :confused:

    I just cant decide whether to wait till ~20th october and get a MBP then if there are possible updates. OR to buy one tomorrow as my birthday is..tomorrow :p
     
  8. mknapper1 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    #8
    I'm in the same boat as you, my motherboard went out on my pc and I'm finally switching to mac but I'm not sure if I should buy now or wait a few weeks. And I already missed the iPod so I'll be double dissappointed if I lose out on higher specs too
     
  9. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 29, 2009
    #9
    macbook yes not mbp it was just updated in june...
     
  10. Martron macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2007
    #10
    There's endless threads on this. Buy now or wait? Technology is always upgrading...always. I wondered the same thing when I finally plunged for my macbook in May and guess what? They upgraded them a month later. Was I upset? Sure a bit, the 7 hour battery is nice but do I regret my purchase? Hell no.

    So as usual, the advice is if you need it now get it, if you can wait wait. But no matter when you buy it something new will always come along. As for this upgrade, if it is even upgraded, I'm willing to bet it will be minor performace upgrades, nothing drastic like back in June. If you really want to get it now, I would recommed getting it now or you'll be waiting endlessly for the best thing to come.
     
  11. Meever macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
    #11
    I guarantee you that it won't be updated until 2010 Q2. Maybe, JUST MAYBE the 17' MBPs might get an update before (but really, really unlikely) but if that's not your cup of tea, you've got no reason to worry.

    Macbook Pros are already flaming slabs of hot aluminums as is, there's no way the case can handle anymore heat. They're going to be waiting for intel's next batch of chipsets which run cooler and are more energy efficient.
     
  12. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

    GeekGirl*

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    Location:
    Buffalo, NY
    #12

    Happy Birthday!
     
  13. haydn! macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #13
    I wouldn't rule out a MacBook Pro refresh at all in the coming months, though I'd expect it to small spec boosts. Nothing more.

    Any up and coming Mac event will likely focus on the alleged new iMac and MacBook (white) designs, and possibly a Mac Mini update. But I think Apple will also take the opportunity to refresh the Pro too.

    People saying they won't do it... have to remember the MacBook white was updated in July too and that's rumored for a full refresh. So anything really is possible!!

    If it doesn't happen before Christmas. It will happen January/February.
     
  14. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    #14
    I'm betting we'll see some major refresh a lot sooner than you guys think. With Windows7 due out in a couple of weeks it would only make sense. The only way Apple can sell more OS's is to sell hardware.

    Also, stockholders won't tolerate a loss in market share and MS will indeed threaten that. (If you fanboys think otherwise then think again).

    For the very first time in Apple history, we will have long-term mac users actually abandon the OSX platform. :eek:

    Apple could be in for an ugly ride if they don't respond with something big. (And snow Leopard wasn't it).
     

Share This Page