New macbook pro user: calibration/other questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ohemgeemad, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ohemgeemad macrumors newbie

I've read on many different places that it is unnecessary to calibrate MacBooks...especially the new ones since they are already pre-calibrated. On the Apple site it says to calibrate it within the first week of a new macbook.
    Should I calibrate my macbook?
    During the calibration process, when you are discharging your computer till it sleeps, is it okay to let it sleep by closing the lid for a bit, and then continue using it until it automatically sleeps? Or does that mess up the process?
    Is it okay to let your macbook charge/sleep while it's in its case? I've read that it lets it overheat, and in other places I've read that it doesn't matter because it doesn't heat up when it sleeps.
    What is the typical full charge capacity for a new mac? Mine is at 5569. I exchanged my macbook last week for a new one (this one), and the previous macbook had about 5650-5700 full charge capacity. What does that mean? Does it mean this macbook has a lower battery life?
    Sorry if my questions are too specific!

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

You do not need to calibrate your battery; it has come to you calibrated.

As far as the capacity goes, that depends on what screen size you got: what screen size did you get?

3. ohemgeemad thread starter macrumors newbie

4. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20