NEW MACBOOK PRO USER! Help PLEASE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nikefn2, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Nikefn2 macrumors regular

So I received a Macbook Pro for Christmas FINALLY and now my Apple collection is complete.....for now.

Anyway, are there any tips of tricks that you guys to tell me. I'm still learning about this thing.

Also, does anyone know how to setup Photostream on a Mac (I'm coming from a PC)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. simsaladimbamba

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

For example: How to setup Photostream on Mac OS X?

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Helpful Information for Any Mac User

Also, you may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those searching for the same answers, if you follow this tip.

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Christmas = a lot of work for you :D

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

'tis the season, ho..... ho ho! :D

6. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

When you open iPhoto you will see a Photo Stream section in the left sidebar. Of course you have to first set up your iCloud account.

As for tips, take it slow. I migrated to Mac in 2010 and at first I was a bit frustrated because I was used to doing things the Windows way. I had to slow down and tackle one thing at a time.

Everyone here will be more helpful if you ask for specific help when you get stuck.

I also read a lot of articles on the web about how to do different things on a Mac.

9to5mac.com
    Makeuseof.com - not a Mac only site but very good articles and they have a Mac guide that you can download that is very good.

That should get you going.

7. VMMan macrumors 6502a