New Macbook pro w/ lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alexjones, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Alexjones macrumors 6502

i got my Macbook pro w/ lion pre installed. I returned it and got my refund . I would like to order it again providing i have SL installed. How do i ensure SL will be installed? I did my transaction on The Apple store.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I don't know if there are any guarantees to be able to do this anymore. Mayyybe if you order from a third-party retailer, but that might be hit or miss considering its nearing three weeks since the release date. JW, why so adamant about disliking Lion?

3. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

You might want to buy a refurbished model. Perhaps they are offered with Lion.

4. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

Last week I got a new 15" MBP through the refurb store. It came with SL pre-installed.

It's worth a shot...

5. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Why would you want it with SL installed? I see no purpose in this.

6. fingleburt macrumors member

I ordered a base mbp from the uk store hoping it would come with sl but it came with lion. Tbh I actually really like lion and dont see what all the fuss is about now

7. chazmink macrumors member

i purchased a 15" base for my son from MacMall two weeks ago and it came with snow leopard. Be sure to link from www.appleinsider.com for an extra 3% discount.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Simple: It isn't possible if you're buying from Apple, they no longer ship computers with SL.

Maybe a third party store with older stock may have one or two for you, apart from that, you're SOL.

You can still clean install SL after the fact though.