Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexjones

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2010
i got my Macbook pro w/ lion pre installed. I returned it and got my refund . I would like to order it again providing i have SL installed. How do i ensure SL will be installed? I did my transaction on The Apple store.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I don't know if there are any guarantees to be able to do this anymore. Mayyybe if you order from a third-party retailer, but that might be hit or miss considering its nearing three weeks since the release date. JW, why so adamant about disliking Lion?

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
You might want to buy a refurbished model. Perhaps they are offered with Lion.

Mac-key

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2010
Alabama
Last week I got a new 15" MBP through the refurb store. It came with SL pre-installed.

It's worth a shot...

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
i got my Macbook pro w/ lion pre installed. I returned it and got my refund . I would like to order it again providing i have SL installed. How do i ensure SL will be installed? I did my transaction on The Apple store.

Why would you want it with SL installed? I see no purpose in this.

fingleburt

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
I ordered a base mbp from the uk store hoping it would come with sl but it came with lion. Tbh I actually really like lion and dont see what all the fuss is about now

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

Simple: It isn't possible if you're buying from Apple, they no longer ship computers with SL.

Maybe a third party store with older stock may have one or two for you, apart from that, you're SOL.

You can still clean install SL after the fact though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.