New MacBook Pro Waiting Club

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stephenc92, Sep 28, 2007.

  1. stephenc92 macrumors regular


    Jun 19, 2007
    For those that are waiting for a new MacBook Pro to arrive, reply to this post with your username and current setup - and you'll be added to the list.
    Recent Rumors:
    Complete MacBook line to be redesigned
    January 2008 MacBook Pros with Penryn Processors?
    The List
    1. stephenc92 - MacBook 2.0GHz (Core Duo)
    2. cervaro - iMac 24" 2.16GHz
    3. wolverinewizard - Macbook 1.83 Ghz Core Duo
    4. Squonk - Alum PowerBook 15", 1.25GHz, 1.25GB, 160GB, Superdrive, 10.4, ...
    5. abz786
    6. dedeye
    7. jonG
    8. Concorde Rules - MacBook Pro - 2.4ghz - 15Inch - 2gb - BTO: 200Gb 7200
    9. alebar14 - Happy with the current Macbook Pro 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo (Yonah) / 2 GB RAM / 80 GB internal HDD / 128 MB VRAM of ATI X1600.
  2. cervaro macrumors regular

    Nov 8, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Had an iMac 24" 2.16GHz.

    Waiting for new 17" MBP with HD screen and hopefully 250Gb BTO hard drive.
  3. wolverinewizard macrumors member

    Aug 2, 2007
    Might as well add me to that list too.

    Current setup: Macbook 1.83 Ghz Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (desktop).

    Eagerly awaiting the new (whenever that is) Macbook Pro 15" model
  4. Squonk macrumors 65816


    Mar 15, 2005
    Sign me up! :D

    I'll be upgrading from:
    Alum PowerBook 15", 1.25GHz, 1.25GB, 160GB, Superdrive, 10.4, ...

    MacBook Pro 15" with 200/250GB drive
  5. panthersweat macrumors newbie


    Sep 28, 2007
    Don't count me in.

    I'm tired of waiting for speculation and rumors, just ordered my MBP.

    To all the people waiting, how much do you really need in a 1 inch laptop?
    Know when to be satisfied, the new models still won't be able to cook and clean.

    Look at those who bought the MBP earlier this year thinking it was top sh*t, they were quick to learn otherwise earlier in June with the Santa Rosa models!
  6. Squonk macrumors 65816


    Mar 15, 2005
    I don't have the cash for it today, and I'll have my money saved by about 12/15. At that point, I'm willing to wait until MWSF to hear about the latest. If nothing compelling, I'll jump on a 2.4 refurb and be done with it. I'm NOT going to charge my next computer. Well, technically I will, get the 1% rebate on my credit card and pay it off immediately... :p
  7. abz786 macrumors 6502

    Sep 1, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    you can add me to that list! :)

    p.s anyone know the prices for the 2 15"s or 17"??
  8. theman macrumors 6502a

    Jul 26, 2007
    Only update I want:


    Also, do this next week so my 2nd replacement mbp is not crap.

    thanks apple.
  9. Cookiemonster macrumors regular


    Jul 5, 2007
    in the desert somewhere

    mee too! If my next replacement is the same, then I'll just either wait or buy a computer from another manufacturer- I hope they get their act together, Im truly annoyed!
  10. dedeye macrumors newbie

    Jun 25, 2007
    Add me to the list also!

    I'll be going from a 1 GHz iBook G4 to a 2.2GHz MBP.

    Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait!
  11. benlee macrumors 65816


    Mar 4, 2007
    I bought my MBP earlier this year (february) and still think it is. You need all that you can wait for. Most of the people posting here already have great computers and are willing to wait until next revision.

    My advice to you all: Buy a larger hdd than you think you are going to need. My only regret is not getting a bigger hdd for a little more money.
  12. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

    Capt Underpants

    Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    You don't need to justify your decision to us. You have your reasons for buying, and we have our reasons for waiting.

    As for me - I'll be satisfied when Apple introduced a suitable 12" powerbook replacement. When that happens, I will buy -- no sooner.

    That said, I hope you enjoy your new MBP.
  13. jonG macrumors member

    Jun 27, 2007
    20" iMac 1.8 and 8 GB iphone

    I am desperately waiting for a 17" HI_RES, 2.8 Extreme 250 Gb HDD 7200, 4 GB RAM with a beautiful black aluminum finish......please apple help me out!!
  14. pughchrism macrumors member

    Mar 9, 2007
    3 mbp std w/glossy. est ship date 09/28 to 10/01. one for me, one for my dau, one for my mom. yellow makes me sick.
  15. alebar14 macrumors regular


    Jul 14, 2007
    Auckland CBD, New Zealand
    alebar14 - Happy with the current Macbook Pro 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo (Yonah) / 2 GB RAM / 80 GB internal HDD / 128 MB VRAM of ATI X1600.

    Looking out for a possibility of Macbook Pro 15" Intel Quad Core 2.8 Ghz / 8 GB RAM / 320 GB / 256 MB VRAM with liquid cooling.
  16. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030


    Jan 10, 2007
    Wasn't the MBP just updated in June????? :confused::confused:

    The Mac Pro hasn't been updated in over a YEAR. :rolleyes:

  17. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

    Sep 12, 2007
    Concorde Rules - MacBook Pro - 2.4ghz - 15Inch - 2gb - BTO: 200Gb 7200 - if they add it or gonna do it myself! :eek:

    Current setup: PowerMac G4 867Mhz Dual MDD - 1Gb - 640Gb - 9000 Pro :p (3.456Ghz Core 2 Duo - X1900XTX - 2Gb - 74Gb Raptor)

    Come on last friday in October! :D
  18. stephenc92 thread starter macrumors regular


    Jun 19, 2007
  19. stealthninja macrumors member


    Aug 15, 2006
    imac g3 600Mhz
    In need of an upgade badly but I think I can wait a month or two
  20. timtam macrumors member

    Sep 29, 2007
  21. Multimedia macrumors 603


    Jul 27, 2001
    Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
    12. Multimedia-1.25GHz, 2GB, 80GB, 15" 9.16.03 G4 PowerBook

    12. Multimedia - 1.25GHz, 2GB, 80GB, 15" 9.16.03 G4 FW800 - Aluminum PowerBook - The first 15" PB in this new Aluminum enclosure with FW800 AND USB 2 for the first time. :eek:

    Want 45nm 2.8 GHz C2D, 4GB ram, 200 GB 7200 or 5400 RPM HD, 1920 x 1200 LED 17" Leopard MBP. :)

    Thanks for starting "The Club" Steph. ;)
  22. Butthead macrumors 6502


    Jan 10, 2006
    I think all the pent up "waiting" was quashed with the SR rumors threads, and resulting "this ain't ****" once everyone got a grip on themselves. Same will happen (except fewer waiting now) again with the release of mobile Penryn, which will sit on the existing SR platform (though it already supported unofficial 800Mhz DDR2 RAM), only a minor, very minor speed bump could be expected along with 800Mhz RAM included as standard now that the pricese are 'mainstream'.

    Here I thought MM was a poweruser based on his MP wants. You'd think he would wait a little longer, lol, like a year. I had the link to the story about the Penryn & QC Xtreme version coming out late next year, in this forum, the day before MR posted on the front page. For some reason, MR didn't think much of the quadcore Penryn and did not include it in their front page posting, go figure. Guess because the TDP is 45w for the QC Penryn, and that probably won't work for the thin MBP (but maybe, just maybe on a 17in MBP?...nah ;) )

    I don't have high hopes of Apple including any LED in the 17in MBP anytime soon, as all the other PC (Sony i.e.) laptop models are in the 13in size, so I'd expect the MB to get LED before the 17in MBP.

    Penryn MBP on SR in January...snore.

    Penryn MBP LED-revised/better color accuracy than initial 15.4, 17in, SSD 128GB CTO, BR optical option, with 320GB Samsung 5.4k HD on the Montenviña platform June '08. That's what I'm waiting for. Then again, those damned rumors will have Nedlame (ah I give up, I just can't get the name correct) with new microarch on 45nm Jan. 09 MWSF, with 32nm process & new platform chipset summer '09...I hate rumors :D Can we say octo laptop Xtreme models late '09? (on the PC side at least)

    Meanwhile Alienware already has the Samsung 320GB 5.4k HD as an $300 upgrade option for both 15/17in models, a dual 320GB raid option, along with 64GB SSD option. Same 'ol, Same 'ol Apple, switch to Intel, but still PC's have it all over on the Mac with regards to options/configurability.
  23. cervaro macrumors regular

    Nov 8, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Even though I'm inclined to wait, the lure of a current 17" MBP for £1499 almost has me reaching for my wallet as I doubt I'd get £300 off an 'uprated' Penryn chipped MBP in January, even though I had wanted to get the HD screen option from Apple. Also wary of being a live test subject for the final release of Leopard. Maybe I will get the above and upgrade to Leopard a couple of revisions down the line when the initial kinks have been eradicated.

    Maybe buy now, upgrade to Leopard in 3-6 months time, and add a 24" external monitor plus extra hard drive storage for travelling via eSata or Firewire 800 (already a 640Gb Iomega Ultramax). I really can't see the new models that are possibly destined for January 2008 adding anything startlingly new. Think that's destined for summer 2008 in all reality. Starting to look more sensible for me. :confused:
  24. noodle654 macrumors 68020


    Jun 2, 2005
    Never Ender
  25. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816


    Sep 30, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    Ordering the baseline MBP w/ glossy screen and iWork '08 the day Leopard comes out, finally making the leap from Windows!

Share This Page