New MacBook Pro Wireless Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cliffrockshire, Aug 9, 2009.

1. cliffrockshire macrumors newbie

Hey guys! After waiting months for tax free weekend in my state, I finally purchased my first Mac -- and it is everything I have dreamed of. Very happy so far ...except:

I am having some wireless issues. I can connect to my wireless network just fine, a great connection. I can generally surf the net for about 15 minutes, and then all of a sudden, the internet goes out. It still says that I am connected to the wireless network, but all of the applications using internet don't work. Firefox won't load pages.

At this point I connect to another wireless network with a weaker connection and then connect to the other one again. I guess this refreshes the connection and it starts to work again. This is starting to really frustrate me and I shouldn't have to do this.

I have been trying to find solutions online in forums, but there don't seem to be any good answers. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am using a D-Link WBR-1310 router if that helps.

Thanks!

2. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

See mine is having trouble loading pictures on webpages! It take about a second or two for the page to load and another 5-10 seconds for pictures to finally show!

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've had similar problems with my MBP 2.5 and I'm running the Belkin N+ and it's taken several updates from the website to finally get it right. Apple has said all along that it wasn't the MBP and that it must be my router and service provider Comcast. Had my friend and neighbor from BestBuy come out on three occasions to take care of the updates for me since last August otherwise I would probably still be in the same boat as both of you....:eek::eek::eek:

4. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

Yeah I have the same router as you too... Where do I get this update you are talking about? :)

5. JPS macrumors regular

I had the same issues, and after a few phone conversations with Apple, and a visit to a Genius Bar (where my airport connection and software was tested), it was determined that the Airport Express I'd been using was faulty (after warranty, alas). I bought a new AE, and everything is great now.

6. apple-ette macrumors member

I have a different dLink router, but the same problem. I usually just turn off airport, and then turn it back on, and then everything works again.

I have run AP Grapher and I can see that the connection is not lost. It just stops working. Also other laptops using the same router don't experience the same problems. So that tells me it isn't the router. So it might be incompatabilty between the MBP and the router or the aiport card itself.