New macbook pro with 4G and memory probs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aidanpoulter, May 18, 2010.

1. aidanpoulter macrumors newbie

Hi. I have an imac. It's hard-drive is almost completely full. The rainbow blob appears a lot but it works better than my new 4G macbook pro with more HD (250GB vs 500GB) with virtually nothing in MBP's hard-drive. I use a music program called ableton live, something like logic. It crashes and has audio drop-outs and makes noises. Today it said it had some sort of memory problem. How can that be on a new macbook with more free memory/drive and more RAM than an imac that's cluttered up and works fairly well?

What am I missing. Any audiophiles, or just plain guys/girls who know everthing out there. I paid big buckeroos for something that would simplify my musical life and my life and ......argggghghghghhghghghg

Thanks for listening. I promise to be calmer if anyone answers. Honest I will. It's the English north eastern blood. Sorry,,calm, calm...haha

2. gnomie macrumors newbie

Ah, how frustrating!! I know how you feel my macbook is playing up too.. it makes funny popping noises and crashes.
    Did it say what kind of memory issue it was experiencing?? It could be an issue with the RAM being not seated properly or just faulty.
    Since you just bought it, I would take it straight back to Apple. They should fix it for you. Good luck!