New MacBook Pro with horizontal scratch on top case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SquadChop, Jul 2, 2010.

1. SquadChop macrumors newbie

Hey folks,

I have just noticed that my about 3 weeks old MacBook Pro 13,3" has two horizontal scratches in the aluminium of the top case. Tho' they just can be seen in the right light conditions and are not that huge it is kinda annoying. Here is a pic of one of them. A bit unclear, sorry for that.

So my question to you is if Apple would see this as a reason for exchange or at least rectification? Also my battery has after just about three weeks only 96 % of it's original capacity left. For me a bit too much loss. Also there is a tiny dust particle under the glass in front of the display. For me not a big deal but maybe a reason for Apple to exchange? I can not see it in normal conditions anyway. ;)

What do you think: Keep it or send it back? Problem here in Germany is after two weeks we can not send things back without having a good reason for it. In the first two weeks they have to exchange it or take it back without questioning. How is it handled in the states? By the way sorry for my english. Still improving. :)

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Not after three weeks. Are you implying that it came from the factory that way? Or asking if they would fix a scratch you put into the case for free?

3. SquadChop thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it definitely came from the factory that way and was not my own fault. So I am just asking if this would be a reason to get an exchange. For sure they would not fix it for free if I had made the scratch.

The problem is just that I recognized it that late after already three weeks...

4. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I think you'd have a hard time pleading your case after three weeks. Can't hurt anything to call and at least try.

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

You will have a tough time reconciling the two statements "I know it came from the factory this way" and "I only noticed it three weeks into owning it" at the Genius Bar. But you can't get what you don't ask for, right? So give it a shot.