Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2008
(this is for my friend, just so we dont confuse with my LCD issues)

The Macbook Pro when shutting the lid waits for the white like to pulse. It goes down for one full pulse, when it illuminates once more the light on the Apple turns on.. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

I was thinking it was the mouse software we installed but im not sure how that would effect sleep mode. thanks guys!

metrocon

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
I had similar behavior on my old Aluminum Powerbook 1.5, started a few days after I got it. It turned out to be a bad bluetooth module, he should probably take it to the Genius Bar or call Apple Support.

rychencop

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2007
Georgia

The Macbook Pro when shutting the lid waits for the white like to pulse. It goes down for one full pulse, when it illuminates once more the light on the Apple turns on.. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

I was thinking it was the mouse software we installed but im not sure how that would effect sleep mode. thanks guys!

it is brand new. the last thing it wants to do is sleep. it's young, let it play.:D

try uninstalling that mouse software and see if it goes to sleep.

eddyhttp

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008

my mbp does the same thing! i thought it was asleep then the light would come on and it would spin its harddrive

HELP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.