New MacBook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Berg43, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Berg43 macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if anyone might have a clue or a hint or some sort of special insider information when a new apple laptop or a new 2012 version of the MacBook pro is coming out?

2. mrobit macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; Motorola Electrify Build/4.5.1A_SUN_USC_19.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

When there is news on the front page that's when you'll know. Anything at this point is pure speculation from anybody here.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Not yet, everything these past few months were mainly on the iPad 3. The best guess is spring or early summer for the new releases.

4. trikky macrumors regular

Just between you and me...the 2012 Macbook Pro incoming out in

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

April-Aug release

6. Success100 macrumors newbie

lmao 10char

7. Chechomsky macrumors newbie

Patiently Waiting

I'm saving my $ and am going to buy the latest and greatest when it comes out. I can barely wait. As a diligent reader and researcher of Macrumors and Apple Computer, my best educated guess is that the new MacBooks will arrive in the second quarter of 2012 (April to June) and they will probably morph into the MacBook Air line. They will be powerful, beautiful, and worth the wait.

8. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I hope there are some good rumors in the coming months. To me it feels like it has been year without good solid MacBook/Pro rumour what with all the hype leading up to the new iPad.

9. Aragorn234 macrumors member

I am pretty new back to the Apple scene. I am just gearing up to ditch my last 2 Windows machines and move to a Macbook Pro.(have the ipad, iphones, iMac, Airport Extreme, ATV).

I am waiting for the 2012 refresh hoping for a good graphics bump. Does anyone with any experience know what sort of cycle Apple work on for GPU bumps.

With Ivy Bridge chips I believe the onboard GPU is pretty good for even low level gaming and video. That would lead me to assume that if Apple (or any other laptop vendor) would only bother putting in rather high powered GPUs instead of a midrange.

What do you all think the new GPU might be (using historical GPU upgrades as a reference point)

Thanks