New Macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rystaman, Mar 19, 2012.

1. rystaman macrumors newbie

Dec 10, 2009
    I currently have a late 2009 17" Macbook Pro and i am going to buy a new one soon, and i was wondering does anybody know when the next Macbook Pro will be released ? The latest one at the moment is late 2011 (october). I don't want to buy a Macbook Pro and then a new model comes out like a month after.

I know there are rumors about a slim macbook pro (no optical drive) but i hope they are not true. I like my Macbook Pro at the moment and all i want is a bigger hard drive and faster processor (and the updated video cards and all of that) I don't want to lose the ethernet port or the optical drive !
  2. thebritishguy macrumors member

Dec 30, 2011
    No One knows until apple releases the information.

Best bet the posts on here to get people's IDEAS of when it might be released, use the search function, a veritable torrent of speculation is at your finger tips....
  3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Oct 19, 2011
    Then don't buy one now. Buy right after a new model is released. That's the only way you can be relatively sure that you won't be outdated a month later.
  4. MacCraig Pro macrumors member

Jan 1, 2012
    Manchester, UK
    You need to question yourself, do you need a new Mac?

Or even if the new ones come out, will the outgoing model suit me better, if you're complaining about hearing rumours of a slim model without the things you want go for the just as competent older model. It'll be a darn sight cheaper.

And as has been pointed out no one knows when it'll come out. Everything is a just a guess and a rumour. I would personally expect something new to come out around the time Mountain Lion is introduced, but thats just a feeling no rumour or nothing to back it up.
  5. Emenai macrumors newbie

Mar 20, 2012
    Judging by the way it has been so far,
    I'd say a new one will come out rather soon.
    During the spring or early/mid summer :)
  6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

Oct 31, 2010
    Hamilton, Ontario
    The new one is coming March 16 don't ask how I know I just know.

Now let's say they are sold out at first for a month than you'll only be a few months from the next "refresh". *insert picture of my head spinning around*
  7. The Mercurian macrumors 65816

Mar 17, 2012
    I have the same dilemma as the OP.
    I have to say I disagree with you that to buy the older model will be cheaper. For one thing Apple usually stick to the same price point for the next iteration of a model - see ipad3.
    For another - if they put an SSD in the new one as standard or a minor upgrade then the new one will be much cheaper than a current one + an SSD.