new macbook pro???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by like water, Jun 20, 2012.

1. like water macrumors newbie

Ok, So last year I bought my wife a 13'' Macbook pro. *She loves it and I think it's awesome.

I travel a great deal for my work and have been going non-stop for the past six months. *While I abroad I was delighted to see that the MBP's were recently updated! The first thing I did the day after I got back was break out my shinny master card, took a hot shower, shaved, and headed to the apple store.

I had a warm and fuzzy feeling in my heart because I knew that in a few short hours I'd be at home playing with my beautiful new macbook pro. *To my great dismay however, I learned that only the 15 inch had been revamped! (I'm in the market for the 13'') and to make matters worse it has no optical drive?!?!?!

WTH?? I know this topic has been f=done to death, but com on guys! If I'm gonna fork over upwards of $1,500 for a new laptop it better freakin' better play a DVD on a plane! I know I could buy the old 13inch but I waited soo long for the reresh and I guess it wast just a big let down. *

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Now I'm looking for simillarly specked Samsung and HP models...stinks though cuz I really wanted a Macbook Pro.

Any simillar stories or is it just me??

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

What? Both the 13” and 15” traditional style MacBook Pros have been updated. There is ALSO a new MacBook Pro with Retina Display, which is the one you’re referring to.

Also, renting HD movies from iTunes is a quieter, more battery-efficient, and higher quality way to watch movies on planes. ;)

3. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I'm confused. The entire MacBook Pro line was updated. Only the Retina MacBook Pro lacks an optical drive.