New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tech198, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Intrested in a new Macbook Pro, but wondering weather i should get the 15-inch: 2.3 GHz for $1,799.00 with Intel 4000 Ivy Bridge chipset,, or the 15" Refurb with Intel graphics 3000.

The only difference would be 512MB or 1 GiG. USB 3 I don't really care that much about..... I'm just more intrested in Intel Graphics 4000 is "the fuure" vs the old 3000 being out dated, thus the concern moving forward.

I don't play games at the momemt, just basic stuff... But i decided on a MBP to give myself head room and not be limited by "If only I had a Pro i could have done this" type concerns in the future.

So, which one would go for ? Knowing VRAM is probably mostly about gaming, is that all ? Or does it come into play with other areas as well...

Will not be using external monitor at all if this an helps.

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Based on your post you probably will be best off with a MBPr. Anything lesser & you'll always wonder if you underestimated your desire for the latest model.

3. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Its not about Intel HD 3000 vs 4000 its about the dedicated GPU the models have. So its Radeon HD 6750M or 6770M vs GT 650M. Thats a massive difference in performance with the GT 650M being on average 50% faster, from what Ive looked at.
    From what you said you would do with your MBP I'd say get the refurb, more then enough performance. But ultimately your decision.
    If both models are the same price, get the newer one.

4. Anyhuman55, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012

Anyhuman55 macrumors newbie

The new Macbook caught my attention when I want a laptop that will I use for editing some of the photo that I collect.I think for its price people may say that it is expensive, but for me this is the one I really need even it price is high.