Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rareair04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi everybody,

I am a newbie here and so please be gentle!

I am making the jump from PC to Mac and will be looking to purchase a 15" MacBook Pro in August of this year.

My question is simple - Is there a newer model in the horizon or would I be OK to purchase.

I guess I don't want to be in a position where I buy one in August and find out a few weeks or months down the road that a newer model is announced.

Any hints and tips welcomed.

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Check through some of the threads. Most likely the next update will be either late second or early third quarter of this year with the Broadwell processors. You'll see slight speed bumps, slightly better battery life than what there is now (which totally kicks any WinDoze laptop's butt).

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
There is probably going to be a late 15 model, just like every year.

Xeridionix

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2015
There's a decent chance that we'll see it updated by August, keep in mind that Apple do tend to keep their pricing the same across refreshes for the most part so if you are budgeting for a new machine now to purchase in August you shouldn't have any issues there; also keep in mind that even if Apple were to release a new model shortly after you purchase your new computer it doesn't make it any less useful to you. Technology is always changing and evolving and as the old adage goes, it's outdated the day you buy it. So just buy your computer when you need it and enjoy it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.